Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kathleen Lunson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 11:11:31 EST

<< Her next argument was that "the Bible" says that grains are very healthy
for
 us. Here, I did not have an answer. WHY does it say that grains are healthy,
 if it does?? >>

Moira, as a devout Bible believing Christian I can only assume that this is a
smoke screen.  The scriptures were written in terms that the original
audience, an agricultural society could understand.  One of the local
Neanderthinners here who is also a Christian and I had a discussion about
this, and could come up with almost as many verses pro meat as pro grain, but
the point is that neither one of us had any problem at all worshipping our God
and eating paleolithically.  I correspond with numerous Christians who eat low
carbohydrate diets.

She just doesn't want to do it and has come up with an almost unassailable
excuse.  There is no way you can convert her when she doesn't want to be.  The
Bible also tells us not to eat pork and shrimp, not to eat dairy and meat in
the same meal, but very few Christians keep kosher.

So unless you tell me that she also keeps Kosher, then I say this is not about
religion, it's about her lack of willingness to change/ aka carb addiction.
And for that no amount of argument will suffice.

Kathleen