BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS The historic preservation free range." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 14:54:03 -0500
7bit
From:
"J.A. Drew DIAZ" <[log in to unmask]>
Last year @ a cusp birthday decided to treat myself to a
full set of Fine Wood Working Magazine-answered an ad in the
same mag.
Went down & checked them out- the widow was there w/ a
family friend.
Widow came complete w/ O2 bottle & wheelchair.
All of the magazines were there very good shape except for
some annotations.
Told them I'd take the magazines & what about the tools -
They got a little update asked how did I know about the
tools & I told them it just made sense a guy who would
collect 20 years of a magazine would try out some of the
techniques .
So the family friend takes me down stairs to a cramped 7'
high basement workshop & the first thing I see is an 1/2
finished carved "carrousel" rocking horse- he was making for
his grandson.
There are photos on the walls of tables, armoires, rocking
horses, chairs he made.
He's got old Rockwell tools I've only seen in catalogs.
And then they let me open up the cupboard as I'm looking at
the hand tools
It dawns on me that I've seen some of these tools @ Colonial
Williamsburg-
I turn to the family friend & ask what did he make barrells?

Sure, when he made wine he replied.

They never called me when or if they decided to get rid of
the tools.
His stuff is out there- I shudder to think of that rocking
horse on the curb.

DD