Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 13 Sep 1997 09:18:19 -0500
From:
Chris Silker <[log in to unmask]>

Hi all. Kind of a different question here. I just discovered that the
pre-tax flexible spending account I have as part of my benefits package
will allow me to use pre-tax dollars for "the difference between a
medically prescribed diet and a normal diet." My doctor is writing a letter
to assure the insurance company that my gluten-free diet is indeed
medically prescribed and necessary.

I'd like to hear from people who've used flex accounts for this purpose, or
have gone through itemizing the expenses of the gluten-free diet for tax
purposes. Tips, strategies, and spreadsheets would be much welcomed! Also,
about how much per year do people allocate to cover such costs?

Thanks!

Chris Silker