From:
Leslie Granson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Sep 1997 21:20:49 -0400

Hi All,

I'm hoping I can get some help from this wonderful resource.  My 22 y.o.
daughter was just diagnosed for CD this past Friday (through a biopsy).  I
was diagnosed this past fall as well.  Our doctor called me into the out-pt.
surgery room to show me the photographs she had just taken during the biopsy
of my daughter's stomach.  There were at least five places which the doctor
called "pre-ulcers."  These lesions were cultured for the bacterial
condition, H-pylori and were found to be negative.  This means that the
celiac and other resulting food intolerances (she is intolerant of
eggs,dairy, legumes, peanuts and pineapple which we just found out from a
separate food allergy panel),caused the ulcers so correct diet and
supplements should heal this.

My question is this:  what kind of diet should a celiac with an ulcerated
stomach be on?  My daughter is a college student and this is going to be very
difficult, but she is highly motivated and is really tired of being sick.
 Does this mean that she should or should not eat raw foods at this time?  Is
it okay to eat beef, chicken, fish or not?  She wants to know whether or not
tofu is considered GF at the present time?

I am also in the market for a good bananna bread recipe which is GF, and egg
and dairy-free ( my daughter asked for that ). I would like to know if anyone
has a bread recipe with the same requirements ( no gluten, no eggs, no
dairy).

I really appreciate any and all help with this; the list has been
invaluable.

Take care,
Leslie

Atlanta, Ga.