Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 19:23:50 -0500

Hello All,

This are some of the recipes that I have posted in another newsgroup.  Since
I posted these recipes I got more than 25 requests from people with Lactose
Intolerance and Celiac's I have decided to post it to the list as well.
Hoping that now you all can enjoy a cup of your favorite Ice Creams.

Here are some tofu ice cream tofu recipe that you all might like, you don't
have to be a vegetarian to enjoy them.

Clelia

Blueberry tofu "Yogurt/Ice Cream"

2-10 oz pkgs. Mori-Nu firm tofu
1/2 c. water
2/3 c. sweetener-maple syrup, brown rice syrup, etc.
2 c. frozen blueberries
1 tsp. blueberry extract
1 tsp. raspberry extract
Combine all ingredients in blender, process until smooth.
I sometimes will keep some of the blueberries whole, and stir them through
when I am done blending, but before serving.
You can vary this with just about any fresh or frozen fruit and extracts to
match.
This may also be frozen in an ice cream machine for ice cream, or freeze in
ice cube trays.
Champion juicer.
Serves: 4
Preparation time: 15 minutes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TOFU BANANA COCONUT ICECREAM

2 oz. tofu, drained (about 330 grams)
3 very ripe bananas
1 c grated unsweetened coconut
1/2 c soy milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 Tbs. dark rum (optional)
4 Tbs. oil (optional)
Honey to taste (or other sweetener)
Blend all ingredients until smooth.  Freeze until half is hard. Scrape out
into a food processor and blend again until smooth. (You could also use a
blender for very small quantities).
Freeze until firm.
You could omit the coconut and add cocoa for chocolate-banana ice cream, or
omit the coconut and add strawberries or peeled peaches for a
strawberry-banana or peach-banana ice cream).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PUMPKIN TOFU ICE CREAM
14 oz. tofu, drained (about 400 grams)
1 c. mashed cooked pumpkin or other dark yellow squash
1/2 c. fresh orange juice
4 Tbs. oil
4 Tbs. honey
2 Tbs. orange liqueur
grated skin of 3/4 orange
1/2 tsp. grated skin of lemon
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
Same instructions as the other ice cream.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tofu Pudding

Switch to tofu and cocoa powder or the Mori-Nu mates brand?
All you do is put the firm tofu in a blender with a tablespoon of water and
blend well, add honey (or sugar) and the flavoring (cocoa powder with more
water, vanilla extract, etc.).
It is far easier than getting soy milk to work - and very high in calcium
too.
~~~~~~~~~~~
PUMPKIN CUSTARD
Blend in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy:
3/4 lb. tofu
1 can pumpkin (16 oz. which is approx. 2 cups)
1 c. light brown sugar
2 Tbs. oil
2 Tbs. molasses
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
Pour this mixture into a baking dish and bake at 350F (for 1 hour).
I bake it until little bubble pot-holes appear in the center -
they appear in the perimeter pretty quickly.  Usually it's a bit longer
baking time for my dishes, although, the bigger the dish and shallower the
mix, the lower the baking time, probably).
Serve hot or cold.  (It never lasts long enough to chill at my house.)