From:
SANDRA P FOURNIER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Mar 1998 02:48:13 -0500

Sandra P. Fournier
Winchendon, MA, USA

Hello Listmembers,
  This is my first post, and I'm a little nervous.  I was found to be
celiac in 1984, but neither I nor my Dr. knew much about it at that time.
I was severely anemic, and finally the Dr. figured it out.  But when the
symptoms all but disappeared, I went back to eating everything. I only
recently (1 1/2 years) started getting symptoms.  I think I've been GF for
about a year, but am not sure.  I'm to see a Gastroenterologist in the
26th.
  I have a different problem now, and I'm wondering if anyone has had this
problem.  I started getting sick when I had milk and other dairy, so I
naturally assumed I was lactose intolerant, but I found that even GF
Lactaid 100% lactose reduced milk bothered me.  I get churning, and
eventually bad liquid diarrhea, and this lasts anywhere from 1 hr. to 3
hrs.  I can't eat any dairy even when I take Lactaid.  Could this be some
strange new allergy, ( it certainly doesn't act like one !) Could it be
something with the casein?  Sorry this is so long, but I'm really
miserable.  I appreciate your patience.  Thank you very much.

Sandi Fournier