From:
Michael Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 1997 01:57:08 GMT

I am happy to pass along this information about the 1997 Summer Camp.  For
additional details, do NOT REPLY but send a new message to:

Cynthia Kupper <[log in to unmask]>

----
Michael Jones ([log in to unmask]) Orlando, FL USA

GIG Takes Kids to Camp

This summer GIG will send staff to camp to cook gluten free foods for
campers with CD and DH. Children attending will be part of the normal
camp activities, yet be assured their food will be safe and delicious!
We have chosen to attend YMCA Camp Orkila on Orcas Island, in the
beautiful Washington San Juan Islands. GIG will be at camp during session
#6, August 18 through 27th. During this time, there are programs for
grades 3 through 12. Children in grades 3 through 9 can choose have the
traditional camp experience. Children in grade 6 through 12 may also
choose Horsemaster camp and those in 9 through 12 can be a part of the
In-Venture Teen camp program.

The Camp Director is holding 20 spots for our children until the end of
July. After that, spaces will be based on availability. To register for
camp you may contact Camp Orkila at 909 Fourth Ave, Seattle WA 98104.
206-382-5009 or 206-382-5001 or contact our office at 206-325-6980 for
more information. The YMCA offers scholarships and will provide
information upon request. GIG will not add any extra fees to the camper
fees beyond what the camp already charges. All GIG members will volunteer
their time to support these children.

GIG believes attending camp is something every child should have the
chance to experience. For some, the cost of camp is prohibitive. We are
trying to acquire grant money to defer some of the cost of camp for the
children. We would also like to offer you the opportunity to help sponsor
a child. Any donation you can give would be greatly appreciated. Please
mark it for camp.