From:
"Fornace, Albert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 1995 15:00:00 EDT

Greetings, I believe I have seen something in the past about Kraft food
company, where others have had trouble getting useful info from them.
I was disappointed when I contacted them directly about their cheese and
fat-free cheese products.  The comsumer response center (L. S. Huang) wrote
that the products, which I inquired about, contain no wheat or corn products
in their cellulose gum, but additional information about this ingredient was
confidential.  Considering that the offending gluten proteins are also in
oats, barley, and rye, the information is really inadequate.  The "consumer
representative" suggested that I contact the AMA (Amer. Medical Assoc.) or
the ADA (American Diabetic Assoc.).  As a physician, I know that this is
really an inappropriate response.  Perhaps changes in FDA regulations or
actual legislation is needed to get useful information from these companies?

Regards

p.s.  They gave me a 35 cent coupon - I guess that makes everything all right?