From:
Kelly Rohlfs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 17:30:50 -0800

Hi,
Thanks for all the info on past cruises.  It seems, as in my case, that
most everyone could stick to the diet during a cruise.  Some people got
lucky and had a chef who catered to their diet, other people had the chef
prepare breads from mixes they brought, but the usual is the chef will
prepare your meat plain and with a baked potato and boiled vegetable.
There is ice cream and sorbet for dessert.  Some people had the waiter
refrigerate breads they had brought, but one person had their bread lost
for a couple days.

Things I learned:
Don't wait until dinner time when there are 900 people to feed before
talking to the waiter.  Speak with them when they are less busy - right
when you get on the ship.  Have the information in writing (more than one
copy).  Not only what you can't have, but exactly what you want to eat.
The head waiter asked me everyday what I wanted to eat the next day.  I was
offered anything they had in the freezer!  That took care of dinner.

Breakfast offered all kinds of fruit juices, fruit, and all types of eggs.
If I had brought bread, I would not use their toaster since I saw it during
the galley tour, and it is the big conveyor belt type.  It's probably best
to bring bread and rolls in a small ice chest kept in your cabin.  The
cabin steward will refill the ice everyday.

Lunch can be in the dining room if you want, but I ate at the buffet.
There was a salad bar and fruit.  Bring your own dressing.  I used salt and
pepper.  There was a frozen yogurt machine available most of the day!  The
rest of the buffet varied from day to day.  Only one day did I see a potato
bar.

They have free 24 hour room service, with juices, fresh fruit, fruit salad,
potato chips, fresh veggies.

Everyone I was with gained wait, my husband thinks I lost a little.  I ate
a lot of salad and fruit and plain grilled meats.  I had a wonderful time
and believe any cruise line can accommodate any kind of diet.  You just may
have to take some time to educate the waiters.