From:
Ian Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 13:55:36 -0600

Dear fellow listmembers,

Once again I call upon your kindness and expertise to help a nervous mother
of a Celiac.  We are trying to plan a trip to San Diego California to visit
my family.  It will be our first long distance excursion away from our
gluten free kitchen.  I already found out that there is a Whole Foods
Market near where we are staying.

What I need to know from any celiacs in that area is are there any other
stores you can recommend to obtain GF food.  If you list the phone numbers,
I can call to verify that they carry the items my daughter likes.  I  do
plan on bringing some non-perishable items just in case, but some things
are impractical to bring (like frozen foods, etc.).  Does anyone have any
suggestions for foods that travel well, any places to get GF food, and any
other tips you may have for traveling with an eight year old celiac.  I
will not trust the airlines to make sure she will get a GF meal.  I have
read of too many problems concerning this aspect of travel.  I will bring a
"lunch" on board for her to eat.

We will be leaving in about five weeks.  Thanks in advance and I will
summarize.

Bev Wahl in Chicago, IL USA