From:
"debra.dickson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 1997 10:36:58 -0800

Hello everyone,

My 6 year old has tested positive with the IgG antibodies blood test but
negative to the endomysial antibodies and gliadins(?).  ahis doctor
informed me that this means he has a gluten sensitivity but not full
blown celiac disease.  He has the joint rash and has always had it on
most every joint (including his tailbone).  At times it flares with many
small white dots and itches, and at other times it his just patches of
dry or red skin, but it ts always there.

My questions:
1.what is the difference between gluten sensitivity, and celiac disase?
2.  Is gluten sensitivity a precursor to celiac?
3.  Will doing a gluten free diet significantly impact him if he is
"only" sensitive to it (seems like a massive undertaking)? or could we
just limit his intake of gluten?
4.  Any thoughts or experiences from anyone with a similar profile would
be greatly appreciated.  thanks    debby