From:
"Robert F. Eyerman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 May 1998 16:38:34 -0400

Dear Listmembers,  This poster, Simone, stated that Kraft BBQ Sauce was
listed as GF.  I have found the CSA/USA Guide to be merely that, a
guideline for checking out products.  Some of the listings are several
years old, and anything can change at any time.  I noticed two brands of
potato chips that were listed as GF that contained wheat on their
ingredients lists.  That probably happened after the guide posted the
listing.  Now there is the big debate over Mc Cormicks spices which are
stated as being GF in the guide, and one poster said that a rep. from the
company said that it depends on who the supplier is at the time your bottle
was manufactured!!!!!!  So, please, please, try to check these things out
for yourself before you put them in your mouth.  I believe that I have
heard and read lately that Kraft doesn't guarantee any of their products to
be GF.  I wish you well, Simone, and hope that your next experience with
BBQ sauce is okay.Try to find one with an 800 number on it, and check,
although this route doesn't always bring the best results either.  Have you
considered making your own?  There are a million recipes for BBQ sauce
available.  I rarely buy anything made up as I have gotten so I don't trust
a lot of these manufacturers.  Karen from Central NY, USA