From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 20:26:45 -0400
Mary <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>http://aspin.asu.edu/msnews/mac.htm

>This site recommends a paleo diet but with LOW animal fat.
>
>Which is correct, Ray's theory (high fat is ok) or this one, which says low
>fat, but essentially agrees with Neanderthin on all other points?

At the bottom of the page you will find

"Finally I would like to thank the directors of Regenics Inc. of Great
Britain for generously allowing me to put this edited version of the Roger
MacDougall story on the World Wide Web.

A.F. Embry"

Ashton Embry has edited Roger MacDougall's story to fit his low fat views.
It wasn't that way in the original version. The following is from Ashton:

"For MS, given both the Swank clinical results and the epidemiology which
demonstrates a high correlation between MS prevalence and saturated fat
consumption, it seems to me one would want to take a conservative approach
and stay under 20g a day. Saturated fat has also been implicated in MS
pathogenesis through the favouring of pro-inflammatory series 2
prostaglandin production. I see no advantage to eating saturated fats when
monosaturates and polyunsaturates (fish and unrefined vegetable oils) are
readily available to supply most of our fat intake requirement. I suppose I
am advocating a cautious approach for us all at this stage of knowledge.
Saturated fat has been implicated in too many diseases for me to feel
comfortable with eating much of it."

Don.