From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 1997 15:50:46 -0400
Mary,

If you mean me, the book is Fat Of The Land, recommended by Ray Audette in
Neanderthin, and on my "to read" list.  I'm trying to find it.

Low energy is going to be a big problem when people are eating sugar and
refined foods.  I remember constantly coming home from work, eating dinner,
then falling asleep on the couch until it was almost time to go to bed.
 What was my favorite meal back then?  Pasta.  Solid refined carbs.  If I
woke up enough for a snack later it would be corn chips and salsa, usually
most of a large bag.  Switching to lowcarb, and Neanderthin was like
getting an overhaul!

If you want real energy, eat some pemmican.  That stuff is like a chunk of
fuel.

Take care,
John Pavao

I have a question for John--what is the Stefansson book you mentioned?
One thing I have found is that low energy dietwise means low brain
power, and that's where a lot of people are at with making progress
towards enlightenment.  Mary J.