From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 1997 21:50:16 -0700
The question should be; how many pounds of animals have to die to produce
a pound of grain.  Simply figure out how much area it takes to grow 1
pound of grain then go to a wild area and weigh the animals living there.
 Counting all the insects, grubs, worms, small mammals and the birds who
prey on them will more than equal the grain.

If you factor in the larger animals such as buffalo and their predators,
I'm sure you'll expose the fallacy of this argument. BTW On a recent
science program they stated that for every human on earth, there are 900
pounds of termites (we need recipes not pesticides!).  Recently it was
also discovered that more than 50% of all living things (almost all of it
animal life)are in the mid-ocean depths  between 500 and 1500 feet down.
That the majority of all living things were unknown until the 1980s is
astounding!

Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin:A Caveman's Guide to Nutrition"
http://www.sofdesign.com