From:
Grant Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 1997 05:24:36 -0700
A month or two ago I was reading about a Professor Chris Stringer from
the Natural History Museum in London announcing his results of
excavations in Gibraltar.

NeanderThals were described as "discerning cooks who feasted on roasted
pistachio nuts, olives and rabbit grilled on a pine-scenteded fire . . .
their diet included a variety of meats such as red dear, wild goat and
they ate marrow . . . roasted nuts, pine cones, acorns and other seeds."

That was the note I left myself, because they were suppose to be more
information forth coming.  I just found the note, but can't recall
anything further being mentioned?

Can anyone expand on this excavation which supports as fairly keen
interest in cooking?