From:
LEVI Julien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 20:02:18 +0200
note that banana is a "partenocarpic" fruit, which means that its "tree"
produces bananas whether there was or wasn't a fecundation.
Some oranges, some pears and some ananas are like that too.

Seeds are a "must" when there is fecundation, since they're the place where
the "new" DNA that results from fecundation is kept.
With partenocarpic fruits, this is less of an obligation.

there are now biotech partenocarpic watermelons also, which do not have
seeds, but their partenocarpy is "induced", it's not a property of that
spieces.

BTW, what are your (I adress all Paleofooders here) thoughts about eating
transgenic plants and those new plants that have been brought to us by
protoplastic fusion and mutations?
there are a lot of these now.

PS: I'm desperately looking for a place where I can find Neanderthin!
I would pay twice the price to get it, as do others at my university, but we
can't lay our hands on it... Any help would be greatly appreciated!!