From:
Michele Shoemaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 1998 16:19:50 -0400
At 10:01 AM 4/8/98 -0600, you wrote:

>Wouldn't a paleo diet just be taking a ketognic diet one step farther in
the right direction? Paleo is also low carb.

Not necessarily, if one includes fresh and dried fruit, fruit and vegetable
juices and large amounts of nuts it can become high carb quite quickly.

>Why is dairy beneficial on a ketogenic diet?

Most dairy products tend to be low in carbohydrates and high in fats. If I
remember coorectly milk is usually excluded from the list, cheeses, sour
cream and plain yogurt are allowed.

>Just wondering, I know nothing about this and have never heard of it.

Check out books by Atkins I read New Diet Revolution which explained the
whole Ketogenic process. The archives for this list also include a fair
amount of informaiton on the topic.

There is also an Atkins list available from this listserver at:

http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/atkins-new.html

as well as a informative low-carb technical list at:

http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/lowcarb.html

Willow