From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 15:44:08 -0500
I find it difficult to believe that people would be allergic to beef.  I
CAN believe that people are allergic to the unnatural foods that are fed TO
the beef, and are having a reaction to that which is transmitted along with
it.

I don't know too much about allergies.  But herbivore meat seems like a
really unlikely thing to be allergic to.  Of course, knowing what I know
about the way our foods are handled these days, they probably spray the
damn steaks with some wheat-based derivative like everything else.  (My
shopping list has pathetically few items on it since I realized that gluten
is my major "allergy".)

John Pavao
Why not?  "Mammal muscle" may be too broad a category.  Since I'm
not made of beef, if I were allergic to beef it would not be a
case of being allergic to myself.