From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 08:02:12 -0500
"Good" in this context meant "allowable", which means that it does not
violate the priciple of the diet; i.e., it would have been available to the
ancient ancestors in usuable form and would be something they were likely
to have done (or it's proved that they've done).

Whether or not becoming intoxicated occasionally is a "good" thing or not
is a philosophical discussion that I'm not entirely sure belongs on this
list.  Suffice it to say that there seems to be a preponderance of evidence
that primitive peoples have done it and still do.

Take care,
John Pavao
Pam, John,

<<  I know that Neander-Thin says the only good intoxicants are herbal, but
they aren't legal.... >>

I am confused.  How can an intoxicant be good?