From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 09:04:02 -0500
I get a news e-mail from CNN every morning.  Look what joyous news I got today:

> STUDY: TOXIC WASTE IN FERTILIZERS

An environmental group says more than 271 million pounds of toxic waste was
shipped to farms and fertilizer makers from 1990 to 1995. In its report, the
group says the toxins could have been spread on farm fields nationwide.
Although there is no proven health or environmental risk to the practice, a
soil scientist said it raises numerous questions about the long-term impact of
substances such as methanol, lead, cadmium, arsenic and dioxin.

-->Activist blames legal loopholes
..... http://cnn.com/HEALTH/9803/26/toxic.fertilizer.ap/index.html

Check out the web page.

Take care (in the supermarket),