From:
Gregg M Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 19:25:46 -0800
Hi All!!!

I'm glad someone brought this topic up but the one thing I don't like is
FROZEN Meat whether in Patties or not.  I, myself, only eat RAF - Raw
Meat and Organs - and feed the same to my Cats and so we basically eat
together and the same - Except of course I have Veggies and Grains at
time and don't feed that to to them.

I have found that my Cats thrive on RAF of all kinds and just scarf the
stuff down.  I was giving them primarily Raw Organs for awhile and from
talking to other RAFers was told that could cause and imbalance and so I
started buying the Trimmings from Raw Natural Organic Beef so it's
didn't cost that much and feed that to them.  Well they actually loved
them so much and they looked so good to me I started eating the
Trimmings too since they cost less than 1/2 price and were the same
great meat as what costs more, just a little older and don't always look
as good so it's usually ground up and sold that way at a discount for
hamburger meat etc..  When I go to the Store now I can try all these
difference meat now too because I just pick the Trimmings that look the
best to me and just have them wrapped up.  The Meat Guys love me because
they don't have to grind anything up.

Here in L.A. you can go to Whole Foods or Wild Oats and get Raw Natural
Organic Beef Trimmings and it's only like $1.69 a lb. for the 22% Fat
Trimmings which I get so if one doesn't have a lot of money they can
still easily afford to feed their Cats or Dogs really great.  Since I
don't buy "Normal" Beef in the Stores and am used to paying $4.00-$9.00
a lb. for Raw Natural Organic Beef I think $1.69 a lb. is really cheap
or at least a really good deal.  There is just something about Frozen
Meat that doesn't feel right to me and so I stay away from it - Of
course if it was the only thing I could get that would be another
story.  I think if you really love your Pets and consider them Fellow
Beings and Members of the Family, I think that you should buy them the
best too just like you do for yourself.  Remember just by being here on
this List you're not the Average Person when it comes to your Diet so I
would hope you would show the same concern for your Pets' Diet as you
seem to show your own and, like I already said, give them the best too.

By the way, my girl Cat just had kittens and it was her first litter at
about 9 1/2 months old herself.  She had 6 Kittens and they are so
healthy it's great and I'm so happy.  I had a few worries about her
leaving the last kitten when she moved and so I moved him/her to where
she moved the other kittens to and she took him/her right in - I said
him/her because I don't know the Sex of the Kitten.  I don't know if I'm
going to keep them all or not but I'm making sure whoever wants one is
going to feed them RAF or they're not getting one.  I just don't want to
have to think that a Kitten is going to have to grow up on SACD - Sad
American Cat Diet - while her Siblings will be thriving on Raw Meat
etc..  The one thing I haven't added to their Diet yet is ground Bone
Meal because I want to find what Balance is good for them and I need to
get something to grind the bones.  I was thinking about just giving them
Raw Chicken Carcasses to eat and chew on like they would in Nature so
they would get all the Minerals they need etc. but I don't want them to
choke or cuts their insides up so need to get some more info on that.
So any help or info in that regard would be greatly appreciated -
Thanks!!!

Well that's it for now and I hope was informative to you All and I'd
really like to keep this thread going to see/hear what other People's
Experiences are - Thanks Again!!!

 - Gregg!!!