Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 06:16:19 -0800
There is evidence in the UK and also a study going on in Norway right now
about removing all gluten from diets and its effect with dyslexia.

100% of the children in one study turned out to be very sensitive to wheat
proteins. After getting off glutens, their spelling improved.

Somehow, the various foreign proteins from grains "intoxicate' the brain and
do not allow it to see words properly.

I used to be a teacher and about 80 to 90% of kids can no longer spell, much
less write a paragraph.

If you were able to put them on a paleo diet, there would no longer be a
need in most cases for a paleo diet.

Now, even if we are on paleo, it is kind of late for some of us who were
dyslexic as it is hard to learn the words all over again.

I am getting my daughter tested for gluten sensitivity very soon and she
will  go (kicking and screaming) on a gluten free diet and eventually (we
hope) on a paleo. Even gluten free is a ton better than SAD.