From:
Beverle Sweitzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 12:28:45 -0500
Hi Guys:
   I was reading the letters about salt and thirst and stuff with
interest.  I am on a different computer now so I can't refer back to
them.  Since I got really strict, Feb. 25, I have noticed many changes.
All positive, but while I was reading I realized that I had not had
anything to drink, i.e. not thirsty, since lunch yesterday.  I know, I
know, not good.  But it still is interesting.  I think it is because for
so many years I have partaken of beverages as a form of entertainment.
Diet soda, coffee, etc.  Now that I don't drink them there is not much
entertainment in just quenching thirst.  Naturally, if I get thirsty I
will drink, but not if I am not.  I practiced Macrobiotics for a long
time - how far away can I get? - and their thinking is that drinking
just for the sake of drinking - such as "8 full glasses" per day is hard
on the little kidneys.  They say that kidneys are not plumbing but
delicate "sponges" that can get overworked processing a lot of fluids
and will back up water (fluids) into the rest of the body until they can
get to it.  Actually I was pretty thin and healthy on Macrobiotics, but
bored to tears and much younger.  If any of you are familiar with the
theories you will know that in some ways they are similar to us.  Eat
only local foods in season.  Not paleo but there is a similarity in
thinking.
    P.S. The scale is not changing much, but my clothes are looser and
even my new shoes fit better.  Scales are not a very good indicator of
what is really happening.
Love, Bev