Date:
Sat, 7 Mar 1998 16:05:22 -0800
Don, should I get my coconut oil at the local Asian market? I did find some
in the Whole Foods store in the skin sections. And, the clerk tried to talk
me out of it, telling me how "bad" fats are for us, and why would I want to
eat it, as it is a fat!Talk about carb propaganda. Anyway, does anyone know
of any coconut oils or brands  we should NOT buy? Can I use this coconut oil
that is really marketed for skin?

I am still searching for a fat to mix with my venison pemmican.

I tried olive oil, my son will eat it but not willingly.

I tried butter ( a paleo no-no) ,and he liked it a lot.

I am staying away from beef due to suspected allergies, so can't use beef
tallow.

What about if I cook the fresh pork bacon and just keep that fat and mix it
with the venison pemmican? I am not looking for something that will store a
long time, he eats it up too fast for that.

PS Venison dries very nicely and whirs up nicely in the blender.