From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 13:52:28 -0500
Not to be a wise guy or anything, but does coconut oil taste like coconuts?
 I'm not sure I've ever had it.  Might make for an interesting taste...

John Pavao
It occurs to me that you saturated fat buffs might try coconut
oil for your pemmican.  It's a bit sloppy, since it liquefies at
76F, but it keeps forever.  You can find it in health food
stores, but you may have to look in the skin care products
section.  And make sure that there are no additives.  Spectrum
has a coconut oil that you can use, although even they no longer
recommend eating it, because of the saturated fat content.