From:
"Mary E. Copeland" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 1998 14:38:59 -0500
I'd like to make pemmican.   I have a dehydrator and the meat, from a 1/4
steer we bought and froze, but I'm not sure about the suet.  Can I use the
fat trimmings from the steaks we have (some have 1 or 2 inches of fat
surrounding the meat), or do I have to use real suet from around the
kidneys?  We didn't get any of that, so I'll have to dig some up.  I can't
believe that HGs used just the little bit of fat from around the kidneys to
make pemmican.  What other fat can we use, besides olive oil?

Mary Copeland