From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 13:59:17 -0400
Hans:
> >...And for me, the "safe" side is still to eat 100% raw.
>
> I presume You dont eat anything only it is raw!

Assuming you meant that I don't eat anything unless it is raw, the answer is
yes.

> I think what you eat in some way needs to be recognized as food by the
> human organism. Our ancestors in Africa never met a tomato or a banana,
> but perhaps something close enough... Who can tell?

The question would be: which ones of the following foods are close enough to
what we are adapted to: tomatos, mung beans, cooked meat.

> In http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind9710&L=paleodiet&P=1836
> Loren Cordain questions if humans have yet adopted fully to eating egg,
> as, among other, it often causes allergic reactions.
> May be this applies to fish as well, as this also is allergenic.

Basically, every food can be allergenic, even watermelons. But it is also known
that, when the threshold for one allergy is reached, you become much more
sensitive to other allergies. That's why hay fever, or some food allergies
disappear when you stop eating dairy and wheat.

I wonder how many egg allergies there would be if people didn't consume wheat
and dairy, and if they ate their eggs raw [thus reducing the quantity of eggs
they consume]. Probably much less.

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis