Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 1997 18:53:04 -0400
Didn't a large group of people get severely ill recently from eating
some bacteria-laden parsley?  I don't remember the details but I do
remember hearing about it.  Seems like it got very little mention.  It
was stated, however, that more people get sick from bacteria on plants
than from eating meat.  Meat is usually eaten cooked.  This kills the
bacteria, which lives on the surface (ground meat is a different story).
The worst offenders are leafy plants such as cabbage, lettuce, etc.
They have been spit on, sh/t on (manure), sprayed on, handled and passed
over by the scores of people who shopped before you (do you know where
that hand has been?), and who knows what else.  Oh, the same guy that
handled that bacteria-chicken also handled the broccoli.  Wonder if he
washed his hands.

Funny how if someone gets sick eating meat it's on the news for days.
Maybe the vegans are conspiring to mis-represent the truth (ha ha).

Nothing against you veggies, I just prefer meat.