Date:
Sat, 13 Sep 1997 22:53:17 -0700

> >but i'm starting to miss potatoes and bread..
> >any ideas?

After long and sad experience with cravings etc. I'm convinced there is
nothing that can be done about them..yet. The pill is yet to be
discovered that can remove the cravings so that eliminating the desired
foods is effortless.

The **only** way out is **out**.  Don't have any!! In three to four days
[the time it takes to clear the instigating items out of your system]
the cravings go away.  One is left with a 'memory' but not the cravings
***UNLESS** some food or substance is ingested that sets them off again.
That's why it's best not to have any at all of the offending items: ie
your *favorites*. After some safe time..several months..you may have the
offending food in small amounts  but be ready for the possible return of
the cravings and return to strict exclusion immediately. If you don't
then the whole cycle will 'creep up' on you again and you'll be crying
and saying 'how did this happen???'

Just mho but be well advised from my over and over and over again sad
experience.  Think of it as the same as cigarette addiction or cocaine
or heroin.

 I'm sure there's molecular/scientific evidence to support this
description of the cycle. It's no one's fault that we are sensitive to
the foods..it's just what is. Acceptance of the fact makes things less
mysterious and easier to control: ie..it's just the way it is..can't
have THAT or will have to really deal with the consequences.

still craving after all these years,