From:
Grant Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 1997 14:14:29 -0700

Todd Moody wrote:
> I have been doing this for about three weeks.

Niacin therapy for hyperlipidaemia, as I understand it, typically starts
to be effective in the 2000-2500 mg per day range.

One chap who had great success lowering his TCHOL, LDL and Lp(a) that I
correspond with has, under Doctor supervision, been on dosages as high
as 4500 mg daily.

As I recall, he is now on 2500 mg daily (a maintenance level).

He had open heart by-pass operations in 1973, 1981, 1987 and in 1992 he
was advised that 4 grafts were dead and no more operations were possible
-- i.e. not to good of a future to look forward to -- he went low carb
and niacin therapy, his heart has developed collateral arteries with the
help of an "enlightened" Cardiologist.

He participated actively on one of the low carb groups at age 76 for a
number of months before settling back to private email, digging up the
garden and getting more involved with his numerous family members -- he
just keeps on "tick'n" and enjoys every minute of his new found
lifestyle.