NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kimberly Sherwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Aug 1997 20:01:13 -0400

<< > Jaye >>
 Well ladies, there must be some type of hormonal thing going on... My
 addiction/intolerance to milk came somewhere within my last pregnancy... I
 consumed a large amount of milk, and had a child completely intolerant of
 dairy. Oh, yes, my child also has autism... come connections? I think so.
 Vicki

I also have a child with one of the autistic spectrum disorders.  She has
Pervasive Developmental Disorder, not otherwise specified.  When I look at
the pictures and videos of myself when I was pregnant with her, I look like
someone having a severe allergic reaction.  My lips were swollen, I had dark
circles under my eyes and my whole face was puffy.
We tried an elimination diet with her and she really seemed to improve
(according to the nutitionist who used kinesthiology to test for allergies
she is allergic to dairy, wheat, corn, chicken, beef, chocolate and
artificial colors).  After a while we tried re-introducing the foods and it
made no difference, although I still think she has a problem with wheat and
yeast.
There are some great web sites on autism and food allergies.  If you would
like the URLs, let me know.
Kim