NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deborah Garner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 23:41:11 -0500
Hello!  Just wanted to clarify/question something I saw in the file
called No-Milk Recipes  REC-0297:

There is a recipe for Sugar Cookies from Richard Horne.  It includes
Crisco Butter Flavored Shortening.  It is my understanding from the Food
Allergy Network that butter flavoring often contain milk products.  I
have been told to avoid Butter flavored Crisco for my daughter who is
highly allergic to milk.

FYI, I have a good recipe for making a baking mix from the University of
Missouri Extension Service.  I altered it to be milk-free.  I suppose it
still falls under their copyright so I won't post it.  I will e-mail to
anyone who'd like a copy.  It has been a likesaver for me!  Works like
Bisquick, without the milk products!

Debbie