NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Berna Marcon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 11:07:39 +1000
Hi,

I'm in Australia and I'm taking Oroxine.  How can I find out if there is
dairy in them please?
Berna

>>>I will never forget how shocked I was to find out that many of the pills we
>>>take have milk in them. My pharmicist, who is not a compounding pharmicist,
>>>did not know that. Milk by-products are hidden in many different ways, in
>>>many different things. It's a problem long suffered by people and one that I
>>>am personally very pleased that people are becoming aware of.
>>
>>No kidding. I was shocked to find out that my
>>thyroid medicine, Synthroid, has *lactose* in it!
>>It also has confectioner's sugar in it. And here I
>>thought I had cut out all dairy and sugar from my
>>diet.
>>
>><sigh>
>>
>>Vickie
>
>Imigran for migraine also has lactose in it. It's just there to bulk the
>tablets out, apparently. You'd think that the pharmaceutical companies
>could choose a less problematical bulking ingredient, wouldn't you.
>--
>Helen E Stephenson      <[log in to unmask]>
>                        http://www.baronmoss.demon.co.uk/

No wo/man is an island......................
**
We Are Infinite Love!   Thanks for reminding
me with your presence in my life!
(aka: tesa at #SimplyOne on irc.
My posts are all based on my instincts only.  I have no
medical credentials at all.  Always do your own research.
I'm only pointing out possibilities.
http://www.spirit.net.au/~masmith/
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/6028/emerson.htm