NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tammy Glaser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 08:10:07 -0500
>> In my case the culprit is sulfites.  They occur naturally in those
>> fermented foods, but are also added in the manufacture thereof,
>> especially the wines.  I used to wonder why I developed a sinus attack
>> every time I ate Pizza or an Italian dish with cheese, along with some
>> wine.
>Where can I find out more about sulfites? Is there a comprehensive book/review
>about them? (Preferably not of the variety "sulfites are worse than Hitler,
>and the demon was spawned by sulfites", but that'll do if it's the only one
>out there.)

My favorite book on food sensitivities in general is "Food Chemical
Sensitivities" by Robert Buist, PhD.  He analyzes studies on this and much
less alarmist than other material I've read.  And, when he is pointing out
the dangers of certain foods, he attempts to let science speak for itself.

Tammy G.

"A parent's love perceives no limitations."