NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
D Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 13:39:08 -0600
Robert Cohen wrote:
>  I challenge all Americans to take my six day test.  Eat no dairy products
> for five days, then on the sixth day eat one slice of pizza followed by a
> cup of ice cream for dessert.  Wait twelve to fifteen hours for the full
> effect.  You will be congested, have mucous and most certainly need more
> Charmin on your next visit to the toilet.

I have taken this test.  I was completely and strictly without dairy for 14
months while breastfeeding my milk allergic child.  He is now weaned
and I was able to have pizza and ice cream without a problem.  My
husband has also outgrown the milk allergy he had as an infant.  I don't
plan on returning to a high dairy diet as I eat mostly what my son eats...
but did want you to know this was possible.

Denise