NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 08:09:43 -0400
><< Just wondering for those of you who have used Duncan Hines Cake Mixes what
> you do to replace the 3 eggs that the boxes calls for. >>

I have tried the standard egg replacements (oil or vinegar,water, baking
powder) listed in the Food Allergy Network cookbook with the Duncan Hines
cakes without much luck.  The case rises okay but as soon as it cools it
falls rapidly and is difficult to eat. Those mixes just need those eggs to
rise properly and stay that way. I make cakes from scratch from the above
cookbook and I've had great results. You may want to look into it.

Linda Murray