NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 09:27:56 -0600
: The thing that surprised us, and that I wanted to share with the list,
: is that the doc strongly recommended that we carry epipens for Aaron
: even though his allergic symptoms have always only been gastro.  She did
: not seem like an alarmist, was very professional and mainstream straight
: scientific, and she advised that lifelong allergy this strong can become
: an anaphylactic reaction suddenly and without notice.  Has anyone else
: been advised in this way?
: --

We carry an EpiPen for Alyssa, on the advice of our allergist, but she did
have one allergic reaction which caused a small amount of mouth swelling.  This
was apparently the trigger symptom for this allergist - before that, he did
not recommend EpiPens.  I'm glad we have them, and probably would have
requested them anyway, as Alyssa gets older and is exposed to more new situations.

Laurie (and Alyssa, 11-14-94)