NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 10:33:19 +0000
Hi Everyone,

I was diagnosed as LI three months ago after nearly a year of tests,
doctors, etc. I've been diligently trying to eliminate all dairy from my
diet. I appreciate all of the helpful advice given on this list.

I ate some Stella D'oro cookies (Angel Wings) yesterday and had a pretty
severe LI reaction. The cookies are marked U Pareve, so I'm a bit at a
loss why. Has anyone else had a reaction to eating these cookies? I've
found myself to be so LI sensitive, that I can't even eat Sorbet. The
smallest amount of diary, casein, msg, etc., means a reaction.

Here are the ingredients in the cookies. Can anyone tell me what may be
the offending ingredient?

Enriched bleached wheat flour [contains niacin, reduced iron, thiamine
mononitrate Vitamin B1) and riboflavin (vitamin B2), folic acid], veg.
shortening (partially hydrogenated soybean and cottonseed oils), sugar,
eggs, salt, artificial flavor, malted barley flour, artificial color
(contains yellow 5, yellow 6)

Thanks for your help.

Betsy Keefer