NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
My3cherubs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 06:08:33 EST

<< My year old son has cradle cap or psoriasis on his head. Does anyone know
of a mild,
 natural shampoo to use to help it? My pedi told us to use a dandruff shampoo
 couple of times a week but I think it is too strong for him. I have heard
primrose
 oil is good but I am looking for specific recommendations.

 kelly >>

I have three children under age 4 (with #4 coming in late August) ..... and
with all three I tried everything on the market and off the market to get rid
of cradle cap ... it really got heavy with my daughter espicially !!  And
EVERYHTING we tried ..... we finally discovered one thing that worked,
although it was not NATURAL as I would have hoped.  It is Paul Mitchell's Baby
No Tears shampoo .... lather in on their heads and leave for a few minutes
(3-5 min at first, and then less to manage control and prevention ... I
usually apply shampoo and leave during bath time, and rinse it off last before
removing them from the tub.) ...... and the cradle cap build up washes off.
It takes a few shampoos to totally rid the head of the cradle cap, but after
it is gone it does not seem to come back (I prefer not to "scrub" their little
heads, so maybe scrubbing would remove it all initially) as long as you use
the shampoo a few times a week.  We use a natural shampoo every day except
Wednesday, and Sunday when we use the Paul Mitchell .... and so far, IT WORKS
!!!!  (Not connected to this product in any way, otehr than as a customer).
All of my children have pretty extensive allergies, and so far no one seems to
have a problem with this shampoo.  Also - jut to note .... all of our children
have EXTREMELY sensative skin all over their bodies ..... to the extent that
holding them makes little marks and does the wash cloth as bath time ... this
is mostly why I do not "scrub" their heads.  Just thought this might help ....
if nothing NATURAL seems to be effective.

Best wishes !!
Tammy in Tennessee