NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Marcotte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Mar 1998 15:13:15 -0500
I have suspected for some time that there is another food allergen other than milk which affects me. Yesterday I was giving a seminar to a customer who provided lunch. I had told them I had a milk allergy and they tried to meet my needs. The main dish was a chicken stir fry. About 5 hours later I started to feel a bit ill and this morning my face had many eruptions on it, i.e., bumps but no redness. I also reacted a few months ago to a beef teriyaki meal at a nearby Japanese restaurant. I've been told Asian meals often have MSG added. My question is this: what are the symptoms of an allergic response to MSG? I have never before experienced facial bumps when I've accidentally eaten something with milk in it. My milk allergy symptoms are those of severe LI mainly, with some added feelings of general malaise which lasts for up to 4 days. Five to six hours is about normal for an LI reaction. The other symptoms show up about 24 hours later. This reaction was within 5 hours.

Any thoughts/info would be most appreciated.

Don in Toronto