NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Helen Fernety <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 21:19:47 -0500
>Helen,
>
>You are absolutely right.  The more work Hershey's has, the more they
>will think about the problem.
>
>How did you get the parve list?
>
>Deborah

The day I first tried to comfirm this Hershey story (it took 5 or 7 days to
get their offical confirmation) the customer relations staff know NOTHING
about it. While I was on with them I asked for the list. I asked for a list
of their kosher parve products and who does the supervision. Not a list of
dairy-free products. Does anyone know if they are required to supply this
documentation if requested? Everyone mails or faxes them gladly to me. Most
are on the supervision agency's letterhead. But some are forms generated
in-house with the supervision agency and dairy, meat or parve noted. I
would rather have the letterhead version because it is signed and has a
date through which the supervision is covered.(they are reviewed annually)

If any one can help me understand the technical side more I would greatly
appreciate your help. Being a little Catholic girl sometimes I feel so
lost.

I would also welcome a lively debate about if your trust the FDA or the
Kosher supervision system more? Do you feel safer when you see the parve on
a package? If the supervision system is a needless exspence and that the
FDA can and does make companies accountable?

Thank You Every One,

Helen

Non-Dairy: Something to Moo About, Inc.
A support & informational monthly web source for families dealing with
dairy free diets for medical  reasons.
http://non-dairy.org
10425 S.W. 114 Court, Miami, FL 33176 USA
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
ICQ#: 6113526
Phone: 1-305-598-0374   FAX 1-305-598-5476