NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"L.Shriver" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 07:27:35 -0600
Hello,

I am not sure what the law is today. My mother had a run in with the lunch
lady over milk when I was in school. If you want to find out if they are
really abiding the law by (Keeping a tab on your child) and forcing milk on
you. You need to call the Agriculture Department in Washington DC (not the
state branch, the federal branch). They govern the school lunch program. It
probably is a law that they have to provide milk, but keeping tabs, I do
not believe this is their policy. You can also go to the superintendent of
your school. Remember even if it is a free lunch, you have rights, If they
tell you it is free and you should appreciate it, tell them it is not free,
your taxes paid for it. They are not giving out food out of the goodness of
their hearts, they are subsidized by the government and your taxes. Where I
live my school taxes and $1000.00 year. That money goes to buildings, books
, lunches, etc. I am sorry to go on a tirade here, but I have dealt with
the school system several time with my son and they can really make me
angry with some of their ignorant policies hope this helps if not please
email me if you need any help with this.

Good Luck, God Bless and Sorry for the Griping,
Lucy