NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nancy Weir <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 1998 09:06:09 -0500
On Tue, 3 Feb 1998 Ginger wrote:
> Does anyone know of a soy-free, corn-free, dairy-free
dietary supplement?

Previously on this list someone mentioned that they have
searched for a dairy-free liquid supplement without any
luck.  Some people use infant formula, but I think they
contain either soy or milk.  Maybe you could ask a dietician
if there is another one.
In the past there have been some good suggestions on
high-calorie, high-nutrient foods. You can check the
archives I think.  (Suggestions included: avocado, taco
chips made with healthy oils, meat, tofu, tofu shakes,
peanut butter, cookies with healthy ingredients, dairy-free
chicken nuggets, coconut, coconut milk).  Keep fibre and
juice to a minimum because it fills them up with few
calories/nutritients.
I know my (allergy-free) 3 year old will eat more if the
food is moist, soft, and warm.  He'll eat more meat if there
is ketchup, HP sauce or plum sauce to dip it in.  He'll also
eat more if he has water to drink with his meal.
Someone else mentioned that their dietician had really
emphasized lots of protein, rather than just lots of
calories for weight gain.
Another member of the list serve said they had to feed their
child bland, simple foods for a while until his/her
intestines healed and then the child was able to gain
weight.