NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 09:39:29 -0500
Jessica

Hi. My family members are veterans with this. I am allergic to dairy, soy,
melon, and safflower. My son is anaphylactically allergic to dairy, eggs,
and all nuts, and also has some "lesser" food allergies. It took us years
to find a "clear" diet and environment for Josh - one where he was
relatively free of severe, whole-body eczema, and also free from
food-induced allergy and asthma. Your search will be difficult indeed, but
well worth the effort. Consider yourselves blessed that you have one of the
rare allergists who truly believes in "the gold standard". It is indeed the
only reliable test, since the other options are approximate at best, and
rarely do well at predicting other than immediate hypersensitivity
reactions.

Good luck, and feel free to write back. I've written a lot about what we
did for Josh, and would be glad to share it with you.

Mark

Mark Feblowitz