NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joanne Slotterback <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 09:39:21 EDT
Anat Sichel recently wrote:

"I realize that no one asked but Rice Dream isn't gluten free so those
that have casein problems (which may also result in gluten problems) may
need to stay away from Imagine Food products. Hope someone cares."

I am curious as to the comment about casein problems possibly leading to
gluten problems. I have read that persons suffering with celiac may have
or develop intolerances to dairy, but I have not read that persons with
a dairy allergy are more likely to develop gluten intolerance. Is this
written somewhere? I caution against unduly alarming folks new to this
list.

My daughter has dairy and soy allergies and at our original diagnosis
our doctor did caution that eggs may also be a problem (luckily that was
not the case for Jamie). Jamie has had 2 biopsies which ruled out celiac
disease. We use Rice Dream all the time and Jamie has absolutely no
problem with it.

Joanne in NJ