NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robyn Kozierok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 16:05:45 -0500
>My MIL can't wait till she's old enough for Daddy and I to leave her with
>them while we go away on vacation.  I'm afraid to leave her alone with
>the kid for more than a few minutes based on the stunts she's already
>pulled with feeding her and denying it when I've caught her red handed.

I had exactly the same problems with my MIL and we were always making up
excuses so she never ended up babysitting.  Luckily we did not live near
her so it wasn't often an issue (I am writing in the past tense because
she has since passed away).

>They also seem to have this notion that she will miraculously be able to
>handle dairy once she is weaned.  I keep telling them not to bet the farm
>on her outgrowing this since she reacts to such minute quantities - even
>in my diet.  My hope is that someday she'll be able to tolerate small
>amounts without too much reaction.

fwiw, my younger son was also extremely sensitive to minute quantities
of milk in my diet, but has fully outgrown it (seemingly, I don't want
to get into the argument again about whether it will reappear in some
other guise later).  I was able to reintroduce milk into my diet at
13 mos and he is now (19 mos) able to tolerate it directly as well (and
eats a fair bit of cheese).  His reactions were bloody stool and
GE reflux when exposed in my diet.  He was never exposed directly until
after it was outgrown.

Hope you also get lucky this way ;-)

--Robyn