NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 15:15:28 -0500
>My favourite story is about the non-dairy meal I was given on a Canadian
>Airlines flight. I *finally* remembered to ask for it. However it came with
>yogurt. I've often wondered what they thought yogurt was made of!!

When you ask for non-dairy, the airlines/travel agents translate it to
"pure veg". The translation back doesn't quite make it unscathed, and it is
too often interpreted by some food suppliers as "meatless." It's careless
subcontracting, and soon enough the airlines are going to kill somebody and
get sued.

Mark Feblowitz