NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lillian Mount <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 09:38:10 -0400
Hello from sunny Florida ~

My husband has been Lactose Intolerant for perhaps 35 years of the 44 which
we have been married. He is an ice cream lover from waaaaaay back.

For awhile here in the Tampa Bay Area of Florida, ( I emphasize that as I do
not know how much of Florida was the test market) Eddy's  and Lactaid had ice
cream out that never bothered him. It was available in four flavors, Vanilla
Bean, Cookies and Cream and two others which I cannot recall. It may have
been available in others as well, but the store where I purchased had those
four. I bought it all the time, told all my LI friends about it. However, it
was expensive - over $2.00 for a quart. It was removed from the market for
whatever reason. I wrote a suggestion to Publix Grocery when I was unable to
find it, but never got an answer from them. Finally located Eddy's on the net
and they E-mailed back that it was discontinued.

Although he has tried the soy based ice creams, he finds them unpalatable.
Nothing beats real ice cream. On occasion, he will eat the real thing,
knowing full well how he will suffer for his folly, but says it's worth it to
indulge himself once in awhile.

Anyway, good ice cream was there for awhile - they did try it - but evidently
the support basis was not there for the product. Maybe a letter writing,
e-mail, phone call campaign will get it back again.

And life goes on ...
Lillian
[log in to unmask]   Tampa, Florida