NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"John G. Feldman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 1997 17:53:58 -0400
This is my initial posting to your group.  I am looking for support for my
five year old son who has been labeled Attention Deficit
Disorder/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD-HD).  All the medicine they pump into
him has not helped much.  We recently had him tested for some allergic
reactions to food and he has a maximum allergic reaction to the protein
"casein" in cows milk.  We are struggling to help the little guy get better
and when he has no milk in his system for 48hrs he is fine.  Looking for
support in the following:  diet recommendations --e.g. lists of foods without
milk,  support groups/organizations, and anything from anyone who has any
experience with milk allergies causing hyperactivity.  Also we have had him
switched to goats milk which he is doing great on but I am getting
conflicting information on whether or not the casein protein exists in its
same form in goats milk as in cows milk.

Thanks,

John Feldman
Palm Harbor, FL